Qualifications for Police Applicant
Police Officer Information Webster Police Department
Physical Fitness Test Information
- 1. Prefer candidate with current TCOLE Peace Officers License or currently be enrolled in a Basic Peace Officer Course.
- 2. Must be a United States citizen and 21 years of age. You must have completed fifteen (15) hours from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2.0 GPA or 2 years of military service with an honorable discharge.
- 3. Must have a valid Texas Motor Vehicle Operator’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- 4. Must have the ability to successfully pass a physical agility test, written entry test, polygraph examination, psychological screening, functional capacity test and drug screen.
- 5. Must have basic computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office Word and Outlook.
The physical fitness test measures an underlying physical factor or “ability” that determines the capability to perform strenuous job tasks.
All applicants are required to complete the physical fitness obstacle course test prior to taking the written entry test.
All applicants are required to wear appropriate clothing (t-shirts/shorts/sneakers are all acceptable) for the physical fitness test.
For more information on this position please go to our website www.websterpd.com
and follow the link to Police Officer Employment. If you have any questions please contact Sgt. Richard Horbach at 281-316-4165.
All applications are to be submitted to Jamie Kelso in the City of Webster Human Resources Department. She can be reached at 281-316-4145 or email