The following is a list of Required inspections for building projects in the City of Webster. These inspections can be done for all of the work involved in a certain area of responsibility at one time, or they can be done as partial inspections for only a portion of the work at a time. All of these inspections may or may not be applicable to each project.
All Final and Certificate of Occupancy Inspections are mandatory before a Certificate of Occupancy will be issued. Occupancy of a building or business is not permitted without a certificate of occupancy.
Building (Structural) Inspections
- Inspection to be performed after pier holes are drilled, but before concrete is placed in the holes. Reinforcing steel must be ready for concrete placement.
- Inspection to be performed after all forms, joints, reinforcing and reinforcement supports are in place, but before concrete placement.
Hurricane Clips and Straps
- Inspection to be performed after the installation of all Hurricane Clips and Straps, before being covered by the building sheathing or insulation. This inspection may be performed in conjunction with the Framing inspection if all clips and straps are visible.
- Inspection to be performed following the attachment of Brick Ties to the structural framing of the building, but before beginning brick veneer installation.
- Inspection to be performed after all structural framing is in place and complete, and after all Plumbing, Mechanical and Electrical Cover inspections have passed. Walls shall not be covered, or insulation installed before successful completion of the Framing inspection. Partial Framing inspections for the Steel Structure, Exterior walls or Interior walls may be necessary.
- Inspection to be performed after all work, including cleanup and debris removal, has been completed and before a tenant occupies the building or business. All Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical Final inspections must have been successfully completed prior to requesting the Building Final inspection.
Temporary Service Pole
- Inspection to be performed after Temporary Service Pole is installed and ready for electrical connection. Upon successful completion of this inspection, the electrical connection to the pole will be released.
- Inspection to be performed after underground conduits or cables are installed, but before covering these installations.
- Inspection to be performed after all wiring, fixture and device boxes, and panels are installed within the structural framing of the walls; before the wall framing is covered.
- Inspection to be performed after all wiring, fixture boxes and device boxes are installed within the structural framing of the ceiling; before the ceiling framing is covered.
- Inspection to be performed after all fixtures, switches, receptacles and other such devices are installed in the device boxes, but before cover plates and panel covers are installed.
Temporary Cut In
- Inspection to be performed after the Electrical service has been completed. Electrical service must be properly protected from personnel during the time that temporary power is allowed.
- Inspection to be performed after all Electrical work on the project is complete. Permanent electrical connection will be released following the successful completion of the Electrical Final inspection.
Mechanical Inspections (HVAC)
- Inspection to be performed after all equipment, ductwork and grilles are installed in the structural framing, but before these installations are concealed within the framing.
- Inspection to be performed after all installation work is complete and all equipment is operational.
- Inspection to be performed after the installation of all underground piping, fittings and traps, but before any of these installations are covered.
- Inspection to be performed after all above ground piping, valves, water heaters and such are installed within the building framing, but before such installations are concealed.
- Inspection to be performed after all natural gas piping, valves and appliances have been installed and are ready for operation. A mercury gauge or approved low-pressure air gauge is required for this test; no leakage is permitted. Upon successful completion of this test, permanent gas connection approval will be released.
- Inspection to be performed after all plumbing work has been completed. All fixtures and backflow prevention devices must be installed and operational. Backflow devices shall have been tested for proper operation.
Certificate of Occupancy Inspections
Certificate of Occupancy Inspection - Building Department
This inspection is performed following the successful completion of all Final Inspections and is required before a building or business can be opened to the public. All fixtures, furniture and such shall be in place prior to this inspection.
Certificate of Occupancy - Fire Marshal
This inspection is performed by the Fire Marshal’s office immediately prior to opening the building or business to the public. All fixtures, furniture, fire extinguishers and such shall be in place prior to this inspection. The Fire Marshal’s office must be notified to schedule this inspection Ph: 281.316.3740 or Ph: 281.316.3742.
Following the successful completion of all Final and Certificate of Occupancy Inspections, a Certificate of Occupancy will be issued.
Fire Marshal Inspections
Ph: 281.316.3740 or Ph: 281.316.3742
Building Department Inspections
Download printable version